Friday, May 14, 2010

Hair Extensions, Shopping and Stuff

I promised you guys that I would post pics etc when I received my hair extensions from FoxyLocksExtensions and I received them this morning! I am so happy with them! The colour is pretty damn close to my hair so they blend in well (I chose no.22, the Honey Blonde colour).  I think I will still take them to my hairdresser though because I want to add some lowlights so it matches exactly (so shoot me...I'm a perfectionist!ha ha).  The hair looks and feels great and I was impressed by how sturdy the clips were.  I quickly put them in so I could take some pics of what they look like initially.  I must admit that I didn't feel the need to put all the pieces in (there were 10 in all and I only put in 8).  I wanted to post an initial pic so you could compare when I get the extensions treated at the hairdressers and also trimmed to blend in with my own hair.  I reckon I'm going to lop off about 1-2 inches because the extensions in their current state sit below my bustline! (although it's difficult to see how much the hair will bounce up when it has been curled/waved).  Anyhoo, I am very happy with the product I received and I can see why people like them so much.  They add so much volume to my hair, although I did feel a bit like a mermaid/Rapunzel when I put them in.  I couldn't wear my hair/extensions straight in this manner because I feel that hair past a certain length can begin to look tacky.  That's just my personal opinion!  So once I have taken a trip to my hairdresser to tweak the extensions a bit, I will post some more pics!
I was out last night for a friend's 30th birthday meal at an Italian Restaurant called Little Italy.  It's a very relaxed place where you even get to dance on the tables at the end of the night to some cheesy Euro pop! Although I resisted this time since I was wearing a short dress...so I took it upon myself to just take pics!  Anyways, since it was a relaxed evening, I just went for a really neutral look (I know, boring!) and used my conical wand to style my hair.  I was at the hairdresser's yesterday too so I'm alot happier now my dark roots have been covered up!  Here's what I used:
Face: Revlon Photoready Foundation in Golden Beige, Estee Lauder Maximum Cover in Medium as a concealer, Mac MSF Natural in Medium, Benefit Powderflage under eyes, Dior Bronze Matte Sunshine Bronzer in Honey Matte, RMK Blush in Holographic Soft Coral, Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond.
Eyes: Mac Painterly Paint Pot, Mac Ricepaper all over lid and browbone, Mac Vanilla pigment in inner corners, Mac Retrospeck on lid, Mac Mulch in outer corner and crease, Mac Fluidline in Dipdown on top lashline, Benefit Eye Bright on waterline, Rouge Bunny Rouge Amplitude Mascara in Black Obsidian, Clarins eyebrow pencil in Soft Blonde.
Lips: Clarins Joli Rouge in Pink Blossom.
I was having lunch with the girls today and since I was a bit early, I decided to have a look in Accessorize (a.k.a. My dream treasure trove of beautiful things!).  I was just browsing and then I spotted the cutest little delicate bracelet with the word 'Love' on it (exactly like the keyring that's given to Carrie in the SATC movie!...they also have the keyring too if you like that).  I wouldn't normally buy gold coloured jewellery but this was so delicate that it actually suited me.  It hangs loosley on my wrist which I prefer.
THEN I spotted a gorgeous little gold necklace with a diamante heart with an arrow through it....so pretty! So I had to have that too!  Ok, so I thought my shopping habit had been satisfied but and after lunch with my lovely friends, I decided to do a leeeeeetle bit more (window but not really) shopping.  I convinced myself I better start looking for clothes for my honeymoon to Kuala Lumpur, Borneo and Hong Kong.  So here's what I got out of H & M...

A lovely little retro 50's style baby blue pinstripe dress...it reminds me of the kind of thing you see Sophia Loren and Marilyn Monroe wearing in those black and white pics! This dress was only £14.99!

Next I spotted a rail of dresses that were new in but they were £2.99 each! I couldnt believe it so I got the turquoise one and the black one.  They will be perfect with some sandals when we are chilling out near the beach.
I remember Holly over at The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog did a video including a polka dot scarf she got from H&M and I loved the look of it so I picked one up too (I'm such a copy cat!).  This one was only £7.99 I think.  I love pairing scarfs with outfits though, it can really finish your look off nicely.  I also wanted to get some over-sized Aviator shadesso these ones that were only £4.99 did the job nicely! I don't like buying expensive sunglasses because I think I would cry if I sat on them or they got broken somehow!
So my good intentions went out the window! But I'm really happy with everything I got because they were all fantastic bargains!

Have you started buying your holiday clothes yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment