Friday, June 4, 2010

Gorgeous Summer Lip Gloss and Wedding Shoes

Hello, hello!  I just got back from my latest wedding dress fitting and thought I would give you an update on how it all went.  My dress is all ready to go but I just have one more fitting on 3rd July to make sure it's perfect.  I find myself falling more in love with the dress every time I see it.  It's amazing.  My mum took along my wedding shoes today so I could see them with the dress and I couldn't remember if I had shown you guys what they look like.  They're a kind of champagne colour, the perfect heel height, slightly darker than my dress with the obligatory glitzy edge! You know me, I have serious magpie tendencies!...
For some reason, my dress makes me look really tall, it must be something about the floor length dresses that create that effect (hey, I ain't complaining!).  I was happy to see that I won't have to do too much more work to be in the best shape for my wedding.  The panic started because I originally thought I was going to go for a lace up design at the back but when the dress was being made, the seamstress phoned to say that the dress would really suit a zip and buttons more because it created cleaner lines with the style of the dress.  The shop has measured me for a lace up so they make the dress a bit smaller so everything is nipped in.  However, since I switched to a zip, when I got the dress, it turned out to be VERY snug i.e. I could hardly breathe when it was done up!  I had a bit of a blub after that fitting because I felt a bit crappy.  The I pulled myself together and got on with toning my body up at the gym.  The last time I got a fitting I had chubby bits under my arms and 'back fat' as it's so fondly known.  The snug fit of the dress just accentuated that...not pretty.  I swore to myself that I would start a plan at the gym to tone my upper body and it has definitely made a huge difference.  The dress looked so much better on me this time so I only have some fine tuning to do.  My mum is taking her Power Plate over for me to borrow until the wedding.  After seeing how amazing her figure looks now after only a couple of months of using it, I wanted in on the action! So I am going to use it every day for 10 mins in the morning and 10 minutes at night (same thing my mum does).  I will keep you guys updated on whether it makes a difference.  I will still be going to the gym and doing cardio etc but this is just an extra thing to make sure I look my best on my wedding day (and the honeymoon!).

I also wanted to share a couple of amazing lipglosses with you guys, they are both gorgeous colours for summer.  The first is Jemma Kidd Makeup School Hi Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss in Petal - a milky peach shade.  When I first saw this, I though of Holly from The Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog because I know how much she loves peach lipglosses...well, Holly, you would absolutely adore this product.  It's such a brightening colour that looks so fresh and summery.  I can imagine it would look great on any skintone because it's such a soft, flattering colour.  If you are scared to wear bright corals that are in at the mo, then peach is a great alternative.  You could also wear it over a coral lippy to tone it down a bit for the daytime.  I LOVE this lipgloss, the formula is great and doesn't have the sticky feel.  I am wearing it today with slightly golden skin, pale gold eyeshadow and brown flicked eyeliner and I really love that combination.  The second gloss I am obsessing over is Estee Lauder's High Gloss in Honey...a perfect name for this shade.  This gloss looks incredible over any nude lipstick! It's got slight shimmer to it but it's so fine that it just shows up on your lips as a shiny effect.  I like to wear it over Estee Lauder's Pure Colour Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle (my all time favourite nude) or YSL Rouge Volupte in no.1 Nude Beige.  It's a gorgeous gloss for any kind of sunkissed, bronzey look...like the Charlize Theron look from my previous post.  The best thing is you get loads of gloss for your money...15ml!

That's all for today but I will be posting something on Monday to update you on how I got on with the wedding makeup trials (hopefully with piccies!)

Have a brilliant weekend everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment