Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hair Extensions Update, Wedding Makeup Trial and my Search for the Perfect Wedding Lipstick

Oh my god, things are getting so crazy with the wedding plans! It's only about 7 and a half weeks to go now and I'm finding myself getting increasingly busy sorting out the details.  I'm loving every minute of it though and I'm really trying to enjoy every second of the build up to it.  I know it will be over so quickly. 

My lovely hairdresser, Leigh, just dropped off my hair extensions today after highlighting them for me (ok, the way I phrased that made it sound very celeb, having my own hairdresser, but you know what I mean!).  Leigh added a slightly darker tone through the extensions underneath so it just shows through slightly and gives them depth.  She also added some blonde highlights so they would blend into my hair colour more.  I have to say that I am absolutely delighted with them and they now match my hair EXACTLY.  They really are great quality extensions and Leigh was saying the same thing so I would highly recommend you take a look at the FoxyLocksExtensions website if you were thinking of buying some.  She treated them with an intensive conditioner so they are really soft and they smell gorgeous...like coconut...yum!
I can't wait to have my hair trial with her next Friday so I can get my hair done with the heated rollers like the inspiration pic of Petra Nemcova I had previously shown you guys...
I really want my hair to be loose and natural looking, I really don't like it when curly/wavy hair looks too contrived so I think heated rollers is the best way to get the look I want.  I might test the look out on my hen night in Aberdeen since I use any excuse to get glammed up! Me and the girls are heading out for an Italian meal (where you get to dance on the tables to Euro pop at the end of the night...I know...classy! But a hen night is no place for being classy).  We are then heading off to a lovely bar for some cocktails in our VIP area and then onto a club for some serious dancing! That reminds me, I need to stock up on some Scholl Party Feet!  Better dig out my bride sash and L plate again...

I promised you guys an update on the makeup trial I attended last weekend in Glasgow.  Myself and three bridesmaids headed down on Saturday to the makeup artist's flat and unfortunately we missed an absolutely gorgeous day in Aberdeen...sod's law!  The makeup artist, Laura, has worked on the Mobo awards, fashion shoots and often travels with a dance company.  She did a great job on everyone. I won't go into too much detail about the trials but one thing I will say is that I've decided that I am going to apply my foundation myself.  I took along my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and Laura said she uses it alot on brides so that settled my mind on whether it worked well with flash photography.  She applied it on my with a foundation brush but the result was quite uneven and patchy.  This foundation seems to react alot better to being applied with fingers so I decided I would do that myself on the day as that's how I can get the most flawless coverage.  I am such a perfectionist when it comes to my skin and I really want it to be perfect on the day.  So I will be doing that and my concealer, whilst Laura does everything else.  I have decided to go with individual false lashes since they give the most natural effect and there's less chance of them peeling off at the edges like strip falsies.  I unfortunately forgot to take pics of the finished look but it was sunkissed with pale gold and bronze eyes, flicked brown eyeliner and natural lips.  She did put brown liner on the outer part of my lower eye but it really didn't suit me and made me look tired so I won't be doing that on the day.

I have mentioned before that myself and my friends have been doing Come Dine With Me nights...there's 6 of us and this Saturday, it's my turn! I've decided to have it at my parent's house because they just got a new pergola and chimnea in the garden so we will be dining all fresco!  I have really enjoyed planning the menu and all the little details.  I really love cooking for people and entertaining in general.  Here's my menu that was emailed out to the girls on Monday...
I won't let on too much about it because I know that some of the girls involved read my blog so I don't want to spoil the surprises for them.  I will post some pics of the night next week so you can see how it all went.  I have my fingers crossed that it all goes well!
I have been on the search for the perfect wedding day lippy for all my professional photographs.  Now you know I am a huge fan of nude lips so for the rest of the day, I will be rocking a nude lip (probably my YSL Rouge Volupte in no.1 or Estee Lauder Pure Colour lippy in Vanilla Truffle).   It's a well known fact that you have to wear a darker lip colour for the proper photographs otherwise you're lips become lost and don't stand out.  I will only be dabbing on the darker lip colour as I'm going for a natural effect so I don't want to slather it on and make it obvious that I'm wearing a lip product.  I think I may have found the perfect slightly darker pink based nude that's not outside of my comfort zone.  I often find that darker lip colours just don't suit me but this Estee Lauder Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Baby seems to be just the right colour to define my lips in the photographs without making me look really different...the last thing I want is to not even look like myself in the photos.

I love Estee lauder lippies, they are just so high quality, smooth to apply and long lasting.  They are also non-drying and feel creamy on your lips.  Crystal Baby may be the perfect shade to avoid the washed out look in my wedding photographs.  I was looking into Mac High Tea but it seems to be just slightly too brown for what I'm looking for.  I have heard that Mac Jubilee is a good shade but I haven't got that one in my collection yet.  I was going to wear Mac Angel but I decided that a nude would look better with the pale gold/bronze look I was going for.  It's all about finding the right shade for your skin tone, because lipsticks can look so different on different people.

So that's all my news for today, I must warn you that I may not be posting as often as I normally do because I am so busy at the moment but I will do my best to check in with you guys and give you updates on how everything is going!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment