Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ramble

I'm getting to like these ramble posts! It's just a great chance to get all my weekly thoughts out on one post...and it's very cathartic!
1) SATC 2 - I went to see this last night with my friends and we did the whole cocktails thing beforehand although that resulted in me having a splitting headache by the end of the film...I think that's because it was pitch black and my eyes got strained.  I won't say too much about the film as I know not everyone has had a chance to see it yet.  What I will say is that I don't think it deserved to be slammed by the critics.  I think if you take it for what it is (which is an extended episode of the show) then you will enjoy it.  It's silly at times, but enjoyable silliness.  I am a huge fan of the show and I wasn't disappointed by this film, there were loads of really funny bits.  I now have a huge crush on the older man in the film, the Danish guy that crashes over the sand dunes in a jeep...I don't normally go for the older guys but he is a fox! ...sigh.  I don't think it's as good as the first one which was more of an emotinal rollercoaster but it still had the SATC magic.  So my advice is, go see it...don't listen to th critics, I mean it's not supposed to be profound like Schindler's List...it's a fun film to be enjoyed when you're tiddly on Cosmopolitans!
2) The weather is finally looking up again in Aberdeen, the sun is actually out and it's warm outside! The above pic was taken in a park in Aberdeen...I know, hard to believe!  This phenomenon has been apparent for the last couple of days and long may it continue! The only downside to the lovely weather is that it's really warm at night time so I haven't been sleeping that well...waking up all sweaty is never pleasant. (some people are never happy!ha ha).  I am hoping to head out to my parent's place for a BBQ on Sunday...ahh bliss!
3) Two shows that I'm OBSESSED with at the moment are The Wire (of which I have acquired the full boxset) and The Pacific.  The last show I really got into was The Sopranos, what is it with HBO? They have the best shows! I have really been enjoying The Pacific...I used to love Band of Brothers so when I heard this was made by the same people, I knew I had to watch it.  I love the way they integrate the real soldiers at the start of each episode to remind you that this stuff all happened, it's not fiction.  To be honest I wasn't aware that alot of this stuff went on in Pacific, not to that extent anyway, but I think that was the whole point of the series, to highlight the great number of soldiers who lost their lives in these battles.  It's very emotional to watch and I often find myself close to tears.  It's good to remind yourself of how lucky you are to have had such a sheltered life.

4) I really need to get back in the swing of my exercise program at the gym.  Because it's so warm outside, the gym is sweltering at the moment! There was actually a point on the cross trainer yesterday when I was finding it hard to breathe because I was so hot.  It's so hard to get motivated when it's so sunny outside!  I have also been struggling a little bit with the Slim Fast thing in the past couple of days.  For ages, I had been sticking to the 2 shakes and a main meal but I have cheated for the past two days and only had one shake, a big snack then dinner.  I think I just need to be a bit more strict on myself and get myself back on track to lose the weight before the wedding.  I still have about 7lbs to go before I reach my target for the big day.  I have about 8 and a half weeks so it's more than do-able if I buckle down.  Overall, I'm more interested in being toned than losing weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment